Re: [SLUG] New SLUG's thoughts on the flamewar in-progress....hope this extinguisher is the right type.

From: David Meyer (david@crbtechnologies.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 20:27:04 EDT

For what it is worth, let me give you my wrap-up here, because I consider this
case closed for me.

Not counting the frustration I experienced with dealing with the internals at
Red Hat in one department, and doing just as I'd promised I'd do (which was
to tell the SLUG list just what kind of business model they were going after)
this has been a fascinating thread.

We had the discussion about the benefits of distros, which distro is better,
which distro is more supported and supportable, etc. I for one, found it
very interesting, particularly when reading comments from Ian, Russ and some
of the others.

This flame war was unusual indeed, and I NEVER intended for it to go this way.
Butit did, and I learned as I'm sure we all did. However, I think some good
can come of this because of what we all learned from the discussions about
the various distros and how we can support them, etc.

Trivial I know, but I try and make every painful experience a learning one.

Dave