Re: [SLUG] my sig

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 07:09:36 EDT

> Hey robin,
>
> I remember that you asked about my sig. Sure, you can use it if you wish. So
> can anyone else... :-) OTOH, I didn't quite understand the question. ??
>
> I've got a few other signatures that I'd like to have kmail put at the end of
> new messages at random, but I don't know how to get it to do this. Anyone got
> any ideas?

You could put a script into cron to execute every 2 minutes. Something like:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os,random
sigs=[]

sigs.append("Computers will not be perfected until they can compute how
much more than the estimate the job will cost.");

sigs.append("Remember: Silly is a state of Mind, Stupid is a way of
Life.\n\t-- Dave Butler");

sigs.append("Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything
to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away. \n\t--
Antoine de Saint-Exupery");

file1=open("/"+os.environ['HOME']+"/.sig","wt");
file1.write("\n");
file1.write(random.choice(sigs));
file1.write("\n");
file1.close();