Re: [SLUG] Star Office and Open Office

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 05:04:57 EDT

Jason Pratt wrote:
> Ok guys I know this maybe a dumb question but what is the difference between
> Open Office and Star Office? Aren't both by Sun?
>
> What would you recommend out of Star, Open, or KOffice?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Jason

I looked at OpenOffice, and it looks pretty good, but I haven't played
with it enough to recommend it. I can definitely recommend StarOffice
5.2! I don't know what I am missing from the new suites (I'll get
around to it), but 5.2 is powerful and feature-rich. I used it to write
a couple of hundred pages of documentation for a software package. For
technical writing, I think it compares favorably with FrameMaker (which
I hated!).

--ronan