Re: [SLUG] UPS Autoshutdown

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 23:32:19 EDT

I've used their "Powerchute" software with some success with their
"Back-Ups" model with a serial port connection. You can download the
powerchute software from their site(or at least one USED to!). In
addition to a power monitor daemon that handles automated shutdown, it
included a motif based Gui app that let you query the status of the UPS
and confirm communication. Be warned though... to get it to install
correctly on SuSe 7.1 I had to create some fake directorys for it to
install to and then move the files to the correct locations.

Ed.