Re: [SLUG] painful request for info

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 12:06:37 EDT

patrick grantham wrote:
> My how it pains me to ask this. My "real job" given me the wonderful thrill
> of setting a system to process incomming email responses from advertising
> campaigns. Yes SPAM. I cannot believe how I have been sucked into this, but
> in any event I have a task. We are receiving responses to advertising
> anywhere from 25,000 to 50,000. Seem scontadictory to ask, but I am looking
> a Linux app that is well suited for sorting, forwarding exporting, filtering,
> etc. It would be nice if said app could connect to an exchange email server.

While you're at it, can we send all of the world's spam to all of the
world's Exchange servers? It just feels right somehow.

Seriously, you're going to have to give more details than that. There
are mail filter programs that can run external utilities, and some that
contain regexp matching routines. Can't you forcefeed matching messages
into an Exchange server via SMTP?

--ronan