Re: [SLUG] Need Some Mother Board Recommendations

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 02:37:57 EDT

> I have 750M of ram, 20G of hard drive, so what MB and processor
> do you recommend, this is going to be for a desk machine. I will be
> running RH 7.3 on it.

   Get the fastest Mommy board you can afford with as much ram
as you can afford for your desk, and use the old Mommy board
for your server.

   What do you NEED a server for? Don't you want the fastest
CPU you have on your desk confusor, so your compiles and `image
type' conversions run as fast as possible? Just asking.
  I have chums with a pentium IV 1.7 gig as their server and
two pentium I's 233 mHz as their desk confusor, (one his - one
his wife's) with no NEED for a server, other than to putts
with as a hobby. My winblows chums don't compile, they pirate.

   I have a two year old AMD 1 gig with 1 gig of DDR ram, hda = 40 gig
and hdd is a 20 gig, I'm a happy compiler & (convert *.gif *.png)'er.

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997 SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm