RE: [SLUG] HCC Linux/Unix courses

From: Federico Paini (federico@federicopaini.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:34:39 EDT

Joe,

I'm currently a MBA student at The University of Tampa and, knowing the
university bureaucracy well, I can tell you that what your son went
through is normal.
He is not high school graduate for now and therefore require a special
permit to attend college level classes.
Every college/university has its own procedures in this kind of
situation, unfortunately most of the time does not count the fact that
the candidate already took some classes in a university settings
somewhere else.
Usually, those requirements are put in place to ensure a minimum of
quality control about the student population. In my experience, those
practices re pretty common across the US, no matter where you are.

Federico

PS. $200 is a very good price to me.