Re: [SLUG] Re: SMP-Tyan

From: Austin Theen (austin@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 20:01:25 EDT

Al,
My current workstation is a Tyan Tiger MP with 2x 60GB IBM 120GXPs and
1GB Reg-ECC DDR with a ATI All in Wonder RADEON. Running SuSE 8.0.
I can assure you with the latest BIOS and firmware from Tyan, there are
no problems with my motherboard. I have Super ORBs on both CPUs and the
case is a Lian Li PC-60 with 5 3200rpm 80mm Case Fans. I have Firewire
and a TV-Tuner all making heat a major issue.

Couple of questions:
What heat sinks are you using on your Athlon MPs?
Is the case well vented? Case Fans? Airflow in the case?
Is RC project the distributed net client? Does this run under XP ok?