Re: [SLUG] Here's a crazy idea...

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 15:24:56 EDT

Mindspring, IJ, and AOL seem to resell RoadRunner as well.

>From a sniff of DOCSIS broadcast DHCP announcements that I've been
sniffing on my MLK network leg, I've found the following DOCSIS config
file prefixes floating about:

 isao* - AOL
 isel* - ???
 isrc* - RoadRunner Corporate
 isrr* - RoadRunner Residential

I've also found a few DNS reverses within the RoadRunner delegated
netblocks that reverse to mindspring.com addresses (they seem to be
using the Residential DOCSIS profiles though).

Man, what I would give to have the Corporate "isrcip1bw13.bin" DOCSIS
profile: 3Mb down and 1Mb up. But, no, I'm stuck with the normal
Residential profile of 2Mb down and 384k up.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
http://ian.blenke.com

--
Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>