Re: [SLUG] Need Svc Manuals

From: Joe (mce@dalismustache.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 22:16:33 EDT

Unfortunately in the below case you will probabally not be buying anymore
laptops from anyone. As all major brands have the same policy. I was
previously Toshiba Certified for laptop repair, I don't know if it is still
valid it's been quite a while. I'll see if I can mabye get ya a copy of the
service manual (I may not be able to) If I can I'll contact you off list to
get you info on where to send/bring it. If not then well I won't...
If you frequently repairing PCs it may well be worth it to contact Toshiba
and any onther vendors who's machines you are repairing about becomind a
certified tech (For many brands you don't have to be associated with a
service center, also many don't even charge for the priviledge)

-Joe