Re: RE: [SLUG] Hard Drive brand question

From: awyatt@fewt.com
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 09:47:58 EDT

I lost 5 maxtor 20GB drives last week, they ran for about a week before they died.

-Andrew

You Wrote:

DATE: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:17:50
FROM: "Craig Zeigler" craig@penguindevelopment.com
TO: slug@nks.net
SUBJECT: RE: [SLUG] Hard Drive brand question

Although the general consensus is IBMil, I have yet to have one fail.
I've lost 16 of the 18 Maxtor drives I've owned over the past two years,
so they are definitely on my to avoid list. As for WD, I used to love
them, their quality dropped, and I haven't used them since. I've heard
some good things, but am sticking with what works (YAY IBM)