Re: [SLUG] A New Project!!!!

From: Mark (mark@bish.net)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 17:12:13 EDT

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Ronan Heffernan wrote:

> Sure. By satellite transceiver, do you mean a ground-station or a
> device to be lofted?

Neither, this is to be carried on an airplane.

I forgot to mention that it needs to have 20gigs of disk space for file
storage.

> At $30,000 per pound (lofting fee), I think I
> would try to use a PIC chip rather than one of those HUGE hardware
> platforms capable of running Linux. Even without the LCD, it would cost
> a fortune to loft a Zaurus!
>
> --ronan

PICs are for the feable. (If you come to the Sarasota meeting you would
know I work with PICs. *g*)

| Mark Bishop (mark@bish.net) | Computer Engineer |
| 813-253-2197 | Network Engineer |
| http://bish.net | Embedded Programmer |