Re: [SLUG] RAID1 w/ISA card (long)

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 12:16:24 EDT

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 20:14, Mario Lombardo wrote:
> One problem, I would like to have the RAID included in the autoraid
> detection during the boot cycle and in my fstab for fsck (I can put
> those in myself). I don't know which rc script, if any, is
> responsible for the autoraid detection, but I see it happen. I feel
> if that can be accomplished, if I have a power failure or something,
> my system will start up again and repair *all* the drives that were
> improperly shut down. Currently, the RAID starts way after
> everything else loads up; after autoraid detection, mounting drives,
> and fsck.

Autoraid detection takes place when the md driver is loaded/initialized.
If you have a kernel with a hard-compiled md driver, your SCSI device
needs to probe successfully BEFORE md. If you have a modular md, you can
put your lines in the linuxrc file in the initrd image you use to boot
your system with. You shouldn't need to do a raidstart at this point -
the autoraid probe will have picked it up.

- Ian