Re: [SLUG] tftp-server troubles with thin client setup

From: John Clay (john.clay@lfr.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 11:34:31 EDT

> Big Thanks Ian and Ron

It's RH so I found the conf file as /etc/xinetd.d/tftp

The tftp-server was indeed installed, the -s option was in place and the balance
of the file is as your inetd.conf specifies. What luck.

I'm digesting the rest of the information and am going to get the hpa-tftpd
server as you suggested. Should I remove my current tftp package in preparation
for the hpa-tftpd server?

Re: ThinkNIC. Were you able to get them to work at all as simple thin client
terminals for garden variety word processing/spreadsheets and the like?

Asked another way - should I be looking for another (inexpensive) terminal
appliance?

Thanks again
John