Re: [SLUG] LinNeighborhood with Joe User: "smbmount not found" -Why?

From: Jeffrey (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 14:03:27 EDT

Brian Coyle wrote:

    Point taken. Love your sig Brian, that's a good one :) For a business, yes I
agree completely about permissions. But since this is a home network, getting too
restrictive only creates family arguments that are not worth the trouble caused.
It gets cold and wet sleeping outside...

    I already get enough grief because the firewall stops the Windows "malware"
(freeware games, email attachments, "you gotta have this" downloads, etc.) from
initiating outside bidirectional contact, which renders some of them inoperable.
Yet when I relaxed the rules and their webcam was turned on remotely, everyone
wanted those restrictions back again until it interfered with their method of
computing. Example: (PC's only *need* two buttons...mouse and reset). And this
only covered the adults, the kids are a completely new story ;)
 Jeff