Re: [SLUG] Laptop

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 13:32:46 EDT

Let me clarify my position. I'm not recommending Intel hardware; however, I'd wager that (even a mobile) Athlon will run somewhat hotter than the comparable (mobile) Intel CPU (if there is one ;). So, cooling is something to take into account - especially with laptops that come from a company (Dell) that designs most of their machines for Pentiums, and may not provide adequate cooling. My Compaq laptop (with an AMD K6-2) has always run hot (with no ill effects so far).

Levi