Re: [SLUG] Linux Games (was RH 8.0 install)

From: sanity (m9u35@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 21:01:44 EDT

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 17:09, Vernon Singleton wrote:
> If we could get Age of Empires playing on a Linux Box ...
> AoE Conquerors is the only on-line strategy game worth playing, and AoM
> will be better.

Are you kidding me? AoE was a sad, sad attempt of MS to take over the
RTS market.

Have you ever played Starcraft or Warcraft 3? Warcraft 2? Even Warcraft 1...

The AoE engine was simplistic and boring. I remember buying that game
and taking it back within a day. There was no strategy whatever! The
unit/race balance was pathetic. Try Blizzard's excellent line of games;
they're the original RTS master.

--j