Re: [SLUG] Scripting Advice needed

From: Glenn Meyer (me@glennmeyer.com)
Date: Thu Oct 17 2002 - 15:14:38 EDT

I would strongly recommend Perl - the interpreter is installed already
in Linux (well all the versions of Red Hat that I am using). To check
type "perl -v" and you should get something like...

[gtmeyer@fire gtmeyer]$ perl -v

This is perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-linux

Copyright 1987-2000, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'. If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

[gtmeyer@fire gtmeyer]$