RE: [SLUG] Derek's partitioning rant

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 16:33:43 EDT

Folks,
I have a 82m Hd that I am going to build a small server around
It will handle mail and some personal files for about 5 people.

How would you partition the thing, this is getting into territory
that I have not really handled before.

Next question, I get the mail from rr.com, I would like to set
up a mail server that will handle that, and then the local users
will just connect to it and pull their mail. This too is getting
into totally new territory, I am sure this is going to elicit some
sort of "This is better than that" but I have got to figure out
how to do it and set it up, I want to hear the good/bad/ugly about
all of it.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com