Re: [SLUG] Need Constructive Critism

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 21:01:21 EDT

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 08:59:43AM -0400, Russ Wright wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I need your constructive criticism. I've developed a content management
> system for simple websites. My target audience is not for profit
> organizations, clubs, small businesses and the like that want to make
> constant changes to the site but can't afford a web weenie and don't
> have coding skills.
>
> Although I'm a great coder, web designer I am not. I don't know how to
> make things glitzy and I'm not sure if I should make it glitzy.
>
> http://www.webruss.net
>
> I would certainly appreciate any input you can offer me that would make
> my site look and feel better.

Change the default font to a sans serif font. The navbar on the far left
has no space between the left margin and the bullets.

People get all excited about glitz. Forget it. Flaming logos and such
aren't needed. A website is about information. They either want your
information or they don't. Glitz doesn't matter. Yes, you want to make
it attractive, but it doesn't have to be flashy to be attractive. Good
organization and readability is more important than glitz. You're doing
fine so far.

Paul