Re: [SLUG] Need Constructive Critism

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 08:48:57 EST

Russ Wright wrote:
> Well
>
> I must admit I'm not sure which direction to go on this one. I like a
> little glitz, but I also hate the sites that are just overloaded with
> snap crackle and pop!
>
> Where does one draw the line?
>
> Russ

The best answer is probably to support themes. You can have clean
technocratic themes AND ugly, crowded, teeny-bopper themes! The
PostNuke package has really good support for themes, and for writing new
modules and blocks (with new logic and functionality) that "plug-in" to
the main framework. Since it is GPL, you could actually borrow their
theming code (which kind-of has to seep into every one of your pages to
preserve the look-and-feel of the themes). You could also decide to
fork the PostNuke project and retro-fit your CMS code into their
codebase (might be easier).

--ronan