[SLUG] phpgroupware Apache and Debian

From: Logan Tygart (ltygart@aperioservices.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 16:59:33 EST

Hello All,
        I have a test server loaded with Debian 3.0, Apache 1.3.26 and I am
giving phpgroupware a whirl. I am using MySQL 3.23.49-8 as the database
for phpgroupware 0.9.14-0.RC and using php4. The httpd works perfectly
when I use an html page. (browseable from my Linux workstation using
Opera/Mozilla and from various other windoze workstations in the
office.) After configuring phpgroupware and browsing to "setup," I
logged in and set up the header information.
        Next, I tried to login to perform regular setup and the page returns
"Invalid Password" My /var/log/apache/error.log yields:
[notice] child pid xxxx exit signal Segmentation fault.
I know the password is correct. Browsing from the windoze boxen in the
office yields the same error.log message.
        Anyone had any experience with phpgroupware? As I said before, this is
on my test server, so I can do all kinds of silly things. I even
chmod'd the whole phpgroupware directory to 777 to see if it were a
permissions problem and still it seg faulted in the apache error.log.
My Google searches are proving fruitless. I think I will try apt-get
removing phpgroupware and reinstall with no passwords and if it does not
work or is not possible, I will build phpgroupware by hand. Since I am
feeling lazy right now, I hope one of you kind folk can give me an
easier method to rectify my perplexity.

TIA,
Logan

--