[SLUG] What can I safely delete

From: Thomas Ringate (tringate@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 17:42:08 EST

I am updating an older Red Hat system, Release 7.0, using RHN Update Agent
and I need some space on the /boot partition.

Presently there are four groups of files there
module-info-2.2.xxx
System.map-2.2.xxx
vmlinux-2.2.xxx
vmlinuz-2.2.xxx

There is one each of these files for the following:

2.2.16-22
2.2.19-7.0.1
2.2.19-7.0.10
2.2.19-7.0.12
2.2.19-7.0.8

In lilo.conf, only the
2.2.16-22
2.2.19-7.0.1
2.2.19-7.0.8
are mentioned. 2.2.19-7.0.8 is what is being loaded.

Not sure why I see these two:
2.2.19-7.0.10
2.2.19-7.0.12

Would it be safe to delete those two groups to get the needed space for the
new update?
If I delete those two, is there any need to edit anything at all in
lilo.conf since they are not mentioned?

In reading the documentation on lilo.conf it says you can have up to 16
different load modules, of course you would need disk space to hold them.
Since I have never had a need to go back to any of the older versions,
should I just delete them all and keep only the current version, and edit
lilo.conf
to reflect that, and then do the update?

I have never tried to do anything like this before.

Tom