RE: [SLUG] What can I safely delete

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 06:44:58 EST

Take a lesson from what I have just gone through,,

Those files in your boot directory are there because you installed each of
those kernels and probably via RPM,,,if it is a RedHat distro. As I have
learned manual and rpm management of files do not mix. If you want to
remove a kernel do it with the rpm -e command and let that remove all those
unneeded entries.

I don't know how the other distros work but IMHO at least for RedHat,, don't
mix manual and rpm management tools.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the Walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep,,to gain what they cannot lose"