[SLUG] Dumb Mail Question

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 01:40:39 EST

This is going to be a really dumb mail question, I'm sure.

Say I have two machines on a network, alfa and bravo. Both are running
sendmail/exim/postfix. Both know the existence of the other machine
(hosts file). If I send mail from alfa to paulf@bravo, will the MTA on
bravo pick it up and route it to the proper mailbox? In other words,
will email sent out on the LAN wire to a specific machine be snagged by
the MTA on that machine? This could be useful for having, say, syslogs
periodically emailed to another machine on the LAN.

Paul