Re: [SLUG] A beginners question

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 16:21:21 EST

If by basic you mean rudimentary knowledge of everything I would suggest you
start with something a lot sampler.

Try installing TOMSRTDT on a disk and NOT ON THE HARD DRIVE like one person I
recommended this to tried to do.

This provides two advantages:
1. You will not mess up an existing system.
2. You can learn all the basic command line commands.You can even learn how to
install and modify programs and kernels this way. You can all so learn
networking too.
After acquiring a wee bit of very basic knowledge then when you try to work
with a slightly larger environment you will know what to basically do.

Frank