Re: [SLUG] Hi New here.

From: Matthew (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 19:48:14 EST

Hey Victor, I'd say if you are new to Linux stick with RH or maybe even
Mandrake. I started with Slackware and it was a bit rough as it's pretty
much install and you are on your own as where RH/Mandrake setup X and
other typically used apps in install. If you don't know the specs of
your monitor or the terminology used in the config of X it can be very
frustrating. My adventures with Slackware were hard at first but panned
out to be very rewarding in the end - It was the first Distro that got
me in to Linux and I still use it on one of my machines here today. Once
you get comfortable with Linux you can move on to different distros that
don't do as much setup for you, leaving you to do it yourself and learn
more.

Good luck in your Linux adventures =)