[SLUG] Info you may want to know...

From: James Miller (slug@intofocus.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 18:28:30 EST

  Hi, just thought I might share some "personal opinions" about the St Pete
Library situation. I did run a group that meets there twice a month (and
still does), for over 1-1/2 years. The people at the library are really
good people.

  Also, if you get a meeting at a local library, they let you put up
flyers/posters. Be careful about this; it attacts a lot of "questionable"
walk-through traffic, but could boost meeting attentace if a poster was put
in the correct location of the library. (IE: the computer sections, by the
internet machines, etc.) Flyers at libraries mostly get burned up by people
who just use them to write notes on...

  From past experience, physically walk into the library and talk to the guy
in charge of using the rooms. If it's the same guy, that's the best way to
acutally get ahold of him, and he'll take you more seriously.

James