Re: [SLUG] not a linux problem

From: Mindspring (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 21:43:49 EST

I know this is not what you want to hear but do the following.
Unhook all drive cables and take out all your cards except the video
next un hook all the case wires. now hook up the power wire first to the
mobo
then make sure you keyboard and mouse are connected then power it up.

Next then make sure your speaker wires are on properly.
Go one at a time. This is how you eliminate the problems.

No matter if you think everything is right check and recheck those first if
you for instance hook up the
hd light , reset, turbo etc if one is just so slightly out it will do this.

I made this mistake a few months ago had on wire out of place and
experienced the thing you are.
Most likely if it is brandnew the mb and cpu are usually not always but
usually ok. Just one mere wire or something not fully seated.

Again start with the power cable , keyboard and mouse hooked up monitor no
drive cables or nothign else then see if you get your scrren to enter cmos
if so then you already found out that it is a cable hooked up wrong.

Good Luck