[SLUG] not a linux problem

From: A2L1 (A2L1@gte.net)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 20:30:44 EST

This is not a linux problem strictly speaking. I just
bought a new mobo and celeron 1.7 and have a problem. How
do I test to find out if the processor or motherboard is
bad?
I get no post beep and no video(to even check the bios) so
if the thing doesnt even boot how do I know which is the
culprit? It will power up all the HDDs and the mobo power
light is on so I know that the power at least gets to the
mobo,even the fan on the cpu works fine. I have used 2
different video cards to even eliminate the prospect of a
bad video card. Since I am not getting any sort of post
code at all (no beeps)how do I go about finding out which
is not working properly?
I mean I am going to return both but I was wondering from a
"how would you know "standpoint.
I would assume that with a known working system you could
just swap processors and that would be the tellall but
assuming that there is no other system what does one test?
I have nothing but time while I wait for the shipping back
and forth on this setup.

                             Thanks,
                              A J