Re: [SLUG] not a linux problem

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 09:16:48 EST

The idea was that the video display would show the (any) error code, and the
'dah-di-di' beep would indicate just that no video was present. This is
actually
the letter 'D' (as in Display) in Morse code. So the only audible beep for
error condition is the no-video parameter. I think the 'dah-di-di' post code
is
present in all BIOS. You could always pull the video card and test it...
Bob