Re: [SLUG] "My distro beat up your distro" discussion

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@fewt.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 18:28:14 EST

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 17:59, Jim Wildman wrote:
> The companies we are discussing (gaming software) have real numbers. It
> is called sales data and market research. They are not interested in
> how many Linux users there are; they want to know how many buyers there
> are.

Uhh yeaahh.. You can't just pull numbers out of your rear end. The
gaming software companies do not have real numbers. There are no major
Linux game developers because so far all we can do is pull estimates out
of out butts. You can't perform any sort of market research without
data, and that was what my idea would help provide. Sure, it's probably
not the best idea out there, but at least it would provide more than
anyone has today.

--
Andrew Wyatt <awyatt@fewt.com>