Re: [SLUG] Do typical Linux based mail systems offer restoration of individual mailboxes from tape, to the line server?

From: John Clay (john.clay@lfr.com)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 14:33:37 EST

Thanks folks, for all the feeback.

This morning I discovered that Veritas Backup Exec., which we use, can
provide bricks level backup but, as you have guessed already, our system
wasn't so configured. That's changing rapidly but based on the replys to
my message it sure looks like it's much simpler under Linux. If I
understand correctly a backup that included the mailbox file would
simply require one to grab it off of the tape and deposit it in the
users home dir. If the person had deleted his entire mailbox, as was the
case for me, it would be a 5 min affair that wouldn't require the Backup
Exec. Exchange Agent @ $500 a pop. Am I straight on this?

John Clay