Re: [SLUG] problems with creating backups

From: Josh Tiner (jtiner@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 00:13:02 EST

William:

Hi there... You are correct in choosing nero to burn the images over easy cd
creator in my opinion. do you have two cd drives? can you copy directly from
one to the other?

you may also want to investigate burning an image to the hard drive first
(in nero i beleive that is done by selecting file > burn image) then burning
to CD. if the cds are from a genuine redhat box set, which i assume they are
so you shouldn't have any problems.

nero will burn isos, but also has it's own file format that will work just
as good called .bin. it's safe to use the wizards for this process for the
most part - that way nothing gets accidentally botched up.

-jtiner