Re: [SLUG] ssh and group access

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 12:20:28 EST

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 11:15, Derek Glidden wrote:
> "Three's the charm"? I gotta agree - don't have users mucking about in
> other users' home directories. Make another, shared, directory for that
> sort of thing.

<Please disregard>
I disagree. These crazy lunatics have no idea what they're talking
about. Home directories (including /root) should be set to global rwx.
In fact, I recommend the following (as root of course):

    # chmod -R 777 /
    # chown -R neil:bob /
    # echo "I am a golden god."

Actually, I am absolutely freakin' kidding. I just read Ken's response
to Ian from Tuesday and felt like trying antagonism for a day.
</Please disregard>

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.