Re: [SLUG] Newbie questions Apache and AOL

From: btt (btt@nethouse.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 09:15:03 EST

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 10:39:37PM -0500, ethan zimmerman wrote:
> Hi guys I'm a newbie in the brandon area and i got 2 questions for ya.....
>
> 2. How to i get apache to let me see directories? on my win2k box when i
> go to http://localhost/foo and there is no index file i can view the
> contents of the directory. This doesn't work under linux. what do i have
> to change?

There's a core module called mod_autoindex. It handles this stuff when
there's no index.html or any other file specified by the
DirectoryIndex config directive.

Here's the doc for that module:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html

It's got some pretty cool options, like adding your own icons and
headers and such.