Re: [SLUG] ThinkPad trackpoint configuration

From: Matt (matthew@textbox.net)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 00:00:33 EST

Actually I asked the speaker at the Brandon meeting this evening (sorry,
but I forgot your name) about the issues he said he had with SuSE 8.0
and his laptop trackpad as he was having the same problems - there has
to be a way to get it working, mandrake & slackware had no problems and
from what I have seen of SuSE it's better with my hardware then the
others....

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 18:45, Matt wrote:
> When I installed SuSE on my laptop I was using a keyboard in the ps/2
> and a usb mouse - the orignal keyboard was damaged so I removed it. When
> I replaced the keyboard it worked fine except for the trackpoint/3
> buttons. I have checked the web for xf86configs for thinkpads and can't
> seem to find anything to help get it working. The keyboard was shipped
> in full working condition and the store that sold it has always had
> quality (tested) used parts.
>
> Is there something I'm missing in the xf86config? Would the trackpoint
> be treated like any other mouse? I have had it working in Mandrake &
> Slackware...
Matt <matthew@textbox.net>
Fully Automatic Records
www.fullyautomatic.org