Re: [SLUG] Questions about laptop batteries

From: Vernon (vsingleton@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:35:41 EST

chris clement wrote:

>Why has nobody thought to make a pack with 2 half sized sets of cells with a
>switch to allow you to run one down completely and peak-charge the other
>whenever it's convenient? I'll bet even the switch could be solid state and
>smart enough to take care of itself.

Now we are finally talking!
Please do this ... it would be applicable for cellphones and other
things that take rechargables also.
If it worked well ... I might even consider a laptop.

> Maybe your engineer friend could make a
>killing here!

The battery companies would eat you alive, if you tried to market it.
Their lawyers are paid better than yours.

Vernon Singleton