[SLUG] re: A new idea?

From: Mikes work account (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 08:07:32 EST

What John wrote:

Michael, this seems like very good thinking to me. Would it be
acceptable on this list to toss out a couple of ideas, for whatever
they're worth?

1. Can the libraries be used for public informational meetings? For
example, the St. Pete SLUG meetings start at 7pm--what if the library
were to promote a public info session(s), 1 hour earlier. One of the
gurus who would be at the meeting later anyways, could do show 'n tell.

2. Is it possible that Walmart might want to help in some way, in
spreading the word, or supporting public information efforts by SLUG?
They've made a major bet on Linux, so if you were looking for some help
with advertising or such,...who knows?
Seems like somebody that's trying to sell Linux boxes would want to have
access to a list of Linux helpers.

That's what came to my mind, anyway. I'm sure other folks will be more
creative.

John