[SLUG] IP alias confusion

From: Ryland Bingham (ryland@t3t.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 09:46:52 EST

I just setup a RH 8.0 on a laptop with built-in ethernet. I setup 3
IP's, each on a virtual network device, so I have eth0, eth1, and eth2.
They all have the same subnet mask, and are on the same network. From
each Address I can talk to the rest of the world, the rest of the world
can talk to each address. I can not talk from one any of the virtual
IP's to any of the other virtual IP's.

What's going on here? Do I need some rules in IPtables to get get this
to work? I always thought that the IP alias was automatic in the kernel.

--
Ryland Bingham <ryland@t3t.com>
T3 Technologies