Re: [SLUG] How to post to lists

From: David R. Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 17:33:02 EST

What I find interesting is the total arrogance on this list by a very
vocal minority, all of which were in force today. Other SLUG members
have acknowledged that I asked a legitimate question, and other
proceeded to flame me. Why is it that the same people always do all the
flaming, and the rest contribute?

Please don't tell me what geeks do and don't like, doing my own
research, etc. I've been a UNIX Admin for over ten years so I think I
qualify as a geek. If people think I don't do my own research, that is
their problem because they don't see. Because I am unemployed right now
I actually have the time, and do my research before I ask. You'll also
notice that when I ask a question I often ask if someone recommends a
particular app...there are many, and once I've done my homework I come
and ask. I was under a serious time crunch today and needed help with
something I've not had to do before. It was a serious situation that
required immediate attention. The safety of a minor was in serious
question. Fortunately, one of the tools Patrick gave me did what I
needed, and the parents were able to avert a very bad situation.

One thing is very apparent here...there are about five people on this
list who have a serious agenda and ax to grind, and are exceptionally
vocal on the subject. Heck, one even attacked me personally on this
list with mis-information.

Please keep it up, all five of you, because every time you get on here
and flame me, more people are driven away from SLUG and somehow they
find the new LUG, where you'll not find this kind of crap.

Have a nice weekend,

Dave