Re: [SLUG] How to post to lists

From: Andrew Wyatt (awyatt@fewt.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 18:15:53 EST

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 17:33, David R. Meyer wrote:
>What I find interesting is the total arrogance on this list by a very
>vocal minority, all of which were in force today. Other SLUG members
>have acknowledged that I asked a legitimate question, and other

Sure, it was a legit question. For a Microsoft help list.

>proceeded to flame me. Why is it that the same people always do all
the
>flaming, and the rest contribute?

I didn't see any flames today. You are more than welcome to do a little
bit
of research, I have probably helped more people than you likely ever
will here.

>Please don't tell me what geeks do and don't like, doing my own
>research, etc. I've been a UNIX Admin for over ten years so I think I
>qualify as a geek. If people think I don't do my own research, that is

That does not qualify you as a geek, nor is it believable since you
could
not solve this simple problem without help.

>their problem because they don't see. Because I am unemployed right
now

Riight.

www.google.com
'"Windows XP" password recovery linux' leads to
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20348448.html

Time invested: 120 seconds.

>I actually have the time, and do my research before I ask. You'll also
>notice that when I ask a question I often ask if someone recommends a

Uhh no you didn't.

>particular app...there are many, and once I've done my homework I come
>and ask. I was under a serious time crunch today and needed help with
>something I've not had to do before. It was a serious situation that
>required immediate attention. The safety of a minor was in serious
>question. Fortunately, one of the tools Patrick gave me did what I
>needed, and the parents were able to avert a very bad situation.

Well then you should have asked the correct list, or picked up the
telephone
and called Microsoft directly. In an emergency one does not waste time
by calling
a taxi service in New York when you need to get to a hospital in
Florida.

>One thing is very apparent here...there are about five people on this
>list who have a serious agenda and ax to grind, and are exceptionally
>vocal on the subject. Heck, one even attacked me personally on this
>list with mis-information.

I do hope you aren't referring to me, I haven't attacked you at all. The
only one with an axe to grind here is YOU.

>Please keep it up, all five of you, because every time you get on here
>and flame me, more people are driven away from SLUG and somehow they
>find the new LUG, where you'll not find this kind of crap.

Sure they do, 3 people left today David, dAvid and daVid. LOL! If you
call
following policies crap I'll take the crap over chaos any day thx. If
you
are so gung ho about your new list please leave this one and put a real
effort into your new LUG. Be sure to thank anyone that helps you though.
;-)

Lets let this thread die too huh..

-Andrew

--