Re: [SLUG] Debian made easy

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 20:24:06 EST

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 06:58:13PM -0500, robin wrote:

> >Hmm, I think I need to meet you so that you can do my caricature :)
> >
> >Levi
> >

> I'm sure I'll get around to you eventually. Realize that I are *spozed*
> to bee good at descriptioning people in a paragraph or too becuz I are a
> perfeshinul righter!

The years of arduous labor really do show ;) I'll give Robin this, he
does manage to keep his sense of humor.

> And my description may not necessarily make you happy. Logan will
> probably agree that I was accurate when describing him (and I have
> witnesses to him calling himself an "ubergeek," including a reporter for
> the Weekly Planet), but accuracy does not always make people happy.

Pronouncing oneself anything can be embarrassing. It's generally best to
let your peers do it for you :) It's good to hear of more ubergeeks in
the area though, not that Tampa Bay is the technical mecca we wish it
were.

> Not that I have any trouble speaking at Congressional or FCC or other
> agency hearings wearing my usual loud Hawaiian shirts and sandals. But I
> tend to go for humor (which is always good, especially in Washington
> D.C., where there is a severe shortage of it), while people like Tony
> are buttoned-down and pinstriped and are taken seriously by other people
> who are also very serious -- even if they are a bit pudgy.

OpenSource advocacy needs all kinds. Most executives simply don't trust
many of us jokesters - it takes a serious face to convince them that
OpenSource and Linux are *real* technologies they can base their b

As for pudgy, I'll confess to being of portly stature, with a caveat:
since Thanksgiving, I've managed to loose 25lbs, and the exercise and
healthier lifestyle *really* are helping - the weight really is falling
off.

For the first 4-5 months of the year, most folks tend to get on the diet
kick. 'Tis the season, right? The real trick is changing the lifestyle.

Besides, there's nothing like an hour walk to work out a troubling Linux
clustering headache. :)

Thanks for the laugh though. After some of these SLUG threads of late,
I needed it. ;)

 - Ian
(PS: I am single - being whipped is not the only reason to strive for a
healthy living. Turning 30 suffices as well ;)