[SLUG] How do you make mp3 files in Redmond 8.0?

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 16:25:26 EST

Can someone please tell me how to make mp3 files from cds'? Seems that
every thing in Redmond 8.0 is creating ogg files. I used to use grip in
Redhat 7.3 but with 8.0 I can't. I seem to be missing the ability to
make mp3 files. Even mp3encode is set to create ogg files. I can't get
mp3encode to compile anyway. Damn I've got a walkman that will mp3's but
no way to create them. Guess I'll just have to go to gnutella and
download them :)

Thanks
Mike M.