Re: [SLUG] Microsoft opens source code to govts

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 12:52:11 EST

I like it ... I don't like it. Yes, MS has put it's
neck on the block, sort of, by opeing source code.
And, they probably will pursue any and all legal means
to ( and illegal means ) discourge anyone from
"copying" that source or developing direvative works.
 But, at least in this country, a MS would have to get
my the "burden of proof" issue. ie. if I looks at 100
pieces of source code and develop a piece of software
based on industry norms it would be extremely
difficult to say that I copied MS source code. Then
again Gates has what, at least 45 billion to hire
lawyers ... oops.