Re: [SLUG] USB CD Burner

From: cpace@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 16:25:11 EST

> My linux server shows usb drivers upon boot-up.
>
> Redhat's Website:
> This section only applies to those running a 2.4.x series kernel. For those
> running a 2.2.x series kernel skip this section and follow the 2.2.x Kernel USB
> Support section. The 2.4.x series kernels have USB supported natively which
> makes it a bit easier to configure than for the 2.2.x kernel series.

Poor choice of wording on my part. Linux has very good support for USB (IMHO)
except for the area of USB CD burners. I'm looking for
support/documentation/assistance with getting a USB CD burner to work on a RH
8.0 desktop. The system did not see it with usbview and I'm not at it right now
to be able to run cdrecord -scanbus to see if it see's it there. I'm just
looking for assistance with USB CD burners and cannot find any information on
the web other than not currently supported.

Pace