[SLUG] Moving forward

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 08:08:59 EST

Lets just see where this can go.

I am taking suggestions for a book to use as an instructional guide for
Linux training. I will take these suggestions to Barnes and Noble and
research them as to their useability as an instructional tool. If you
are not willing to teach at least one segment, then refrain from making
suggestions. Sorry about this but I really need to know the depth of
commitment on this issue before I commit to my time.

Then I will get back to the list on what I have found out.

That is step one.

Step two is to configure a course outline using the book and " I feel"
the Redhat course outlines for their certification. These subjects
cover what is important to know about Linux and are comprehensive and we
should stay with them.

Step three is to determine the sequence that the subjects should be
taught.

Step four is to find a suitable teaching forum. That can be video,
classroom or whatever.

Step five is to schedule speakers to teach each of the subjects. "
without pay I want to stress " This is where the rubber meets the road.

Step six is to determine what fees the traffic will bear, with the funds
going to promote Linux.

I don't want to get beyond step one at this juncture and welcome
suggestions.

I am also going to post the results of all my research on my website
when I have it available. The website is just up with only links at
present. I had a friend do it and it is on a MS box so lets not hear
about that ok? I didn't have time or the knowledge to do it myself on a
Linux box. That will come later. The link is littlepenguin.net.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"