Re: [SLUG] Moving forward

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 11:52:31 EST

Most of the books out there that are written for
newbies are still simple too complicated. Are you
asking for a suggestion for a book or a suggestion for
presentation titles. I have over ten linux books on
the shelf that would do, but all of them start
explaining the history of linux in the first chapter.
That's not something I would sign up for. I would
like to know, however, how to compile my own kernel
and get all the built-in drivers/modules for the
hardware I have to work. They only book that has
taught me about that kind of stuff in Linux+ cert
study guide, and it was nicely written. But then
agian, like most of you, I have been around computers
since the 8088's were new, so I do understand some of
the works behind the gui facade.

I am volunteering to host a presentation ... I guess
I'm just asking what direction you're suggesting
taking this?