[SLUG] hard drive install

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 16:30:18 EST

I am trying to install an Maxtor Diamond Max Plus Ultra ATA/133 80 GB
ide hard drive in my IBM Netfinity 3000. If I set it up as a master the
bios will recognize it and let me set it up but when the system boots it
bypasses all the scsi drives and says there is not boot drive available.
It is trying to boot from the ide drive and not from the scsi drive
where the boot drive is located.

If I use it as a slave, the bios does not see it at all and I cannot set
it up. And Linux does not see the 'hda' drive either from fdisk.

OK I give up,,,, I am no A+ guy.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"