Re: [SLUG] mounting an NTFS from linux

From: Norbert Cartagena (gnorb@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:22:53 EST

Craig Zeigler wrote:
> You can mount an NTFS read-only. This should be well supported by your
> kernel. Mounting it read-write is possible, but lables EXPERIMENTAL. I
> was strongly sugguest not using this if you vlaue the data on that
> partition.

Just for the record, I've been using NTFS with read-write for months
now, continually copying files from Linux to Windows 2000. I've yet to
have any problems with it. Then again, this is generally non-valuable
(ie. already backed up) files, so if you're gonna do this, make sure you
backup, just in case.